Personal Development & Practice:
I am deeply committed to my own growth and development . I am active in various forms of spiritual, psychological and physical self-care that include:
- Over 20 years of mindfulness and meditation practice.
- Participated in a year-long intensive mindfulness for social activists program, Practice in Transformative Action 2 at the East Bay Meditation Center, Oakland, CA 2014-2015 with teacher, Mushim Ikeda.
- Vajrayana Buddhism as a student of Lama Tharchin Rinpoche from 2001 until his passing into parinirvana in July, 2013.
- Various Dzogchen Retreats at Pema Osel Ling from 2001-2013
- Vipassana practice and various retreats at Spirit Rock and with Eugene Cash in San Francisco.
- Vipassana Retreats with East Bay Meditation Center.
- Over 15 years of ashtanga and vinyasa yoga practice.
- Long-term individual and couples therapy with depth-oriented attachment based therapists (AEDP, PACT, Psychodynamic & Jungian).
- Long-distance (trail) running as a form of meditation.
- Ongoing connection to nature and movement through various activities such as camping, hiking, running, cycling, triathlon, and open water swimming.
- Painting, drawing and making art in general.
- Finding the beauty and the humor in life.