East Bay Couples Therapy
Attachment & Emotion Focused Couple Therapy, Pre-Marital & Marriage Counseling and Sex Therapy
Couples Therapy, Marriage counseling & Sex Therapy Can help you learn to be emotionally accessible, responsive and engaged in your partnership. Cultivating Effective communication and intimacy is possible.
At the core of every relationship, is the need to know that your partner will show up for you in a loving and engaged way. To feel safe in an intimate relationship, you need to know that your partner will be accessible, responsive to your needs and engaged in the partnership. This is the foundation of secure-functioning attachment.
In order to open up to your partner and share yourself in such a vulnerable way, you must know that your partner is emotionally available to respond to your feelings and needs. You may not know how to reach out to your partner and your partner may not know how to support you.
If you sense that your partner is not accessible and engaged with you, you may respond by shutting down or pushing away (fight, flight). While this serves to protect you from immediate pain, it also leaves both partners feeling alone and disconnected. This damages and often ends, many otherwise loving relationships. However, you can break this cycle and learn to communicate with your partner.
Some benefits of relationship therapy are:
- Cultivate a Secure functioning partnership
- Learn better communication skills
- Identify problematic dynamics
- Deepen and build intimacy (emotional and sexual)
- Build trust
- Communicate effectively in conflict
- Shift unhelpful or dysfunctional dynamics and patterns.
- Explore commitment issues
- Work with fidelity/infidelity ruptures
- Break out of your relationship rut
- Work on parenting issues
- Develop relational health
- Reconnect to your core friendship and love for one another
- Enhance connection
- Repair your relationship and restore your your commitment to one another
- Relight the spark and passion in your partnership (read more about sex & intimacy therapy).
- Learn how to de-escalate conflict, settle your nervous system and use effective, nonviolent communication (NVC) to deepen connection.
- Be in intimate partnership.